Hi! Welcome to my classic novel blog. Here I will analyze and explore The Call of The Wild by Jack London first released in 1903. This novel have been labeled as a "gripping tale of endurance and friendship that has captured the hearts of readers since it was first published"(back cover). In this blog I will be dissecting many aspects of this novel like its context, tone, style, inner meaning, discussing significant moments within the novel and also, importantly, decide if/why The Call of The Wild is considered a classic novel. (: I hope you enjoy my blog.

Friday 13 April 2012

Post #3 : Point of View


While reading The Call of The Wild ,I found that it is told threw a unique point of view. In this novel, what you’re reading is the author telling you the story and telling you exactly what the main character is doing, thinking, feeling etc. like its threw his eyes. The main character, the dog Buck, is loyal, strong, intelligent, and dedicated. London was able to get the feelings of all the character across to the reader every well threw using anthropomorphism; giving human like qualities to animals. For me, the made the book much more enjoyable then I think it would have been if it was just the narrator speaking. In this book, London has used the narrator and the characters in a way I haven’t read before in other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment