Hi! Welcome to my classic novel blog. Here I will analyze and explore The Call of The Wild by Jack London first released in 1903. This novel have been labeled as a "gripping tale of endurance and friendship that has captured the hearts of readers since it was first published"(back cover). In this blog I will be dissecting many aspects of this novel like its context, tone, style, inner meaning, discussing significant moments within the novel and also, importantly, decide if/why The Call of The Wild is considered a classic novel. (: I hope you enjoy my blog.

Friday 13 April 2012

Post #4: Conflicts

Conflicts

Throughout The Call of the Wild, I can across outstanding conflicts such as, Buck vs. man, Buck vs. nature, Buck vs. Instinct and being a pet vs. a wild animal; but I believe the main conflict is survival of the fittest and adapting. Buck is kidnapped from his home and is instantly thrown into a life were you must fight to survive every minute of the day or there is no mercy for you. Once you go down, your dead; there is no getting back up. The Call of The Wild fallows Bucks transformation form being a domesticated house pet to a merciful less wild dog. He has had to adapt to his new life and most everything is different, new, and frightening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment